Fired Up, Frantic, & Freaked Out by Laura VanArendonk Baugh CPDT-KA KPACTP (paperback signed copy)
Fired Up, Frantic, & Freaked Out
Some dogs need a little help.
Some dogs are afraid, or excited, or reactive. Dogs that “don’t listen” and “go crazy” don’t live the lives we—or they—want.
Fired Up, Frantic, and Freaked Out can change that. Simple steps and an accessible, conversational tone from award-winning, internationally-known trainer Laura VanArendonk Baugh CPDT-KA KPACTP make calming the agitated dog not only possible, but pleasant.
Inside you’ll learn how to
- Achieve change in short, simple training sessions of a minute or less
- Maximize the effects of natural brain chemistry
- Know when to call in medical help
- “Clean up” unreliable behaviors in both overexcited sport dogs and pets at home
- Recognize how fear, aggression, and excitement are variants of the same root problem
The conversational tone is both informative and fun — very accessible, and it feels like the reader has a consulting trainer standing at her shoulder! Bring your dog from emotional to thoughtful, and enjoy a calmer, more enriched life with your best friend.
"I’m loving it! Laura has managed not only to write a clear and incredibly important book, she’s really funny too! Her way of writing, the images in her language, and the diagrams make this book really stand out; there’s no way to misunderstand the concepts she’s presenting."
—Emelie Johnson Vegh, co-author of Agility Right from the Start