Hunting Together 2nd Edition eBook by Simone Mueller Harnessing Predatory Chasing in Family Dogs Through Motivation-Based Training Predation Substitute Training – Volume 1 Second Edition
Living With A Dog That Loves To Hunt
Does this situation sound all too familiar?
Your dog is sniffing the ground and does not respond to any of your desperate attempts to call them back. Suddenly, they stop. They have spotted a rabbit across the field. Off they go on a wild chase! You’re left standing in the middle of the field, shouting and whistling in vain. In your chest, you feel a persistent fear that they’ll end up darting across a busy road, or cross paths with an angry farmer.
Finally, after what feels like an eternity, your dog comes back with a huge canine smile across their face. Their eyes are gleaming with joy, and their whole body communicates excitement, trying to convey to you that this little unplanned jaunt WAS AMAZING! You, on the other hand, are just glad they have returned without a scratch.
Predation Substitute Training (PST) is a motivation-based and need-oriented training program, designed to stop uncontrolled predatory chasing and to provide safe outlets for your dog’s natural drive. Instead of making discipline the nagging factor that spoils the fun, this training system will help you grow as a team and go hunting together!
In this book you’ll learn:
- What is predation?
- Why does your dog love to hunt?
- Why is predatory behavior so hard to interrupt?
With step-by-step instructions for:
- Prevention: Structure your walks to set your dog up for success!
- Predation Substitute Tools: Help your dog control their urge to chase in a healthy way.
- Predation Substitute Games: Discover new ways to express predatory energy in a safe, controlled environment.
- Safety net: Build a strong “emergency cue” to immediately interrupt predatory chasing.
I need head ha ha